Friday, January 18, 2008

God speaks to every mother...

"Take this child, and nurse it for me, and I will give thee thy wages." (Exodus 2:9)
"Take this child, and nurse it for me, and I will give thee thy wages." (Exodus 2:9)
"Take this child and nurse it for me" - So King Pharaoh's daughter spake To the mother, whose whole being For her little one did ache.
So God speaks to every mother At her helpless infant's birth: "Take this child and nurse it for Me", During all its life on earth.
"Take this child, to thee I trust it; It from thee must learn the way, Through the earthly darkness round it, To the light of heavenly day.
"Take this child - and Mother, ponder! Yonder heaven is pure and fair; Wouldst thou be amidst its number And thy little one not there?
"Oh, then train it, gently, wisely, Of its Saviour's love to feel; And, where sin has cast its shadow, Teach it Christ has power to heal.
"Take this child, this richest blessing Given to the earthly home; Take this child and nurse it for Me, Till to claim Mine own I come."
(R.K. Campbell - The Christian Home)

No comments: